Friday, August 14, 2009

books

Molly visited and we did lots of book-shopping. I didn't need to buy books. But--yeah. I did. So now currently reading "Short Talks" by Anne Carson, which I'm loving, and a library book that I put on hold and just picked up: "Shop Class as Soulcraft," by Matt Crawford. I first read about it in the NYT, but on googling "new york times shop class as soulcraft" I can't figure out which of the three links I'd read:

The somewhat negative review: www.nytimes.com/2009/05/29/books/29book.html
The exceedingly positive review: www.nytimes.com/2009/06/07/books/review/Fukuyama-t.html
The essay adapted from the book: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/24/magazine/24labor-t.html

Anyway. More on these later, perhaps. Though school starts soon, so maybe not. We'll see.

No comments: