Friday, January 30, 2009

Music, Radio

K-HiTS 106.7 has been playing their entire catalog A-Z. It's making me very happy, I'm so sad it will end today. I've been listening to more commercial radio in the past week and a half than I have since high school, probably, when I was devoted to... shit, what was that station that we all mourned so much? REV 105, but even before that I was devoted to an even poppier station... & DJ Kevin Cole who apparently is in Seattle now. I only remembered Kevin... somebody and googled kevin indie radio minneapolis... hah! Anyway--found the poppy alterna-station I loved in high school: KJ104. In a wikipedia entry about the history of REV105 which is pretty interesting, actually.

Anyway K-HiTS 106.7 is "oldies," which now is 60's and 70's although in my youth it was 50's and 60's. I think K-HiTS might be fudging the time span on either end, but I wouldn't put money on it. Anyway the list of all the songs they're playing is here. (If anyone wants to investigate the actually span of years covered, let me know, I'm curious. But my "25 things you didn't know about me" for facebook just takes precedence, sorry. Gotta have priorities.) This morning I heard "Whole Lotta Love" backed with "Who'll Stop the Rain?" which was beautiful. Deep, too. This afternoon, less beautiful, even excruciating, in fact: "You're the One That I Want" followed by "You've Got a Friend." Groan.

P.S. Elvis Presley's "All Shook Up," was released in 1957. Aren't we all glad to know that?

P.P.S. Do I win for most pointless blog entry? Probably not. But I hope I might be setting a record for myself, at least.

No comments: