Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Scintilla Project

Hmmm. They're calling this Day 5, but anyway... here's the next day. Prompt #2: Show a part of your nature that you feel you've lost. Can you get it back? Would it be worth it?

There used to be something in me that was... I don't know. Sillier? Less grown-up? To some degree, it went when my dad died. That did shift my personality, the person I was/am. Losing him. I don't know if the silliness is something I could get back--I don't want to be that person, though. I've evolved in a lot of ways, lost a lot of things, gained others. I'm myself now. I was myself then, but now I'm 2012 me. Post-dad loss, and so many other things have changed too. This is who I am now, I miss my dad, I have my regrets, but this is who I am. I don't want to be anyone else.

---

I'm at the Ace Hotel, waiting for Claudia! Hanging out in the lobby, on the big couch. There's an adorable little girl on the corner of the sectional, waiting for her mom, who's quieting the baby just outside the front door. So little girl is playing with mom's cell phone, very excited about whatever it is she's doing on the phone.

She's maybe five. Her little... brother? Is an infant, maybe six months, swaddled in an awesome tan one piece plush thing.

No comments: