Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Libraries.

Last time I went to the Belmont branch of the Multnomah County Library, I picked up my two gospel CDs that I had on hold (yeah, I have a bit of an obsession with old gospel, but also I needed "Go Down Moses" for my current unit), and I said, "Plus I think I have a movie. And I have fines? I was wondering what I have fines for!" The librarian checked my account, she said, "No, you don't have a movie, those are all your holds. And you don't have any fines." I said, politely but somewhat agitated, and thoroughly confused, "But I got an email saying I had a movie and fines!" She was patient with me. Eventually I left her alone.

Then last night I had a revelation, and sure enough, when I looked at my email again, it all became clear:

From: "lacs@nypl.org"
Subject: Library Notice

11216 NELSON,ELISSA

ITEM RESERVED FOR YOU AT JEFFERSON MARKET BRANCH LIBRARY 10 OCT 2008

The following item(s) will be held for you until your next visit to
the library or until the date shown below. All items on the hold shelf
must be claimed at each visit.
The Library Needs Your Support.
Please visit: http://www.nypl.org/support
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DFDVDHIN Hin DVD Dil chahta hai 237188202 24 OCT 2008

Outstanding balance = $3.20

No comments: